5.5 108 $5.50 - $108.00
Organic, Tolima, sustainable cooperative
About the coffee
- Cupping notes: Medium and well balanced body, notes of Meyer lemon, orange, and cane sugar
- Cultivation: Mountain grown in volcanic soils, very high in the Andes mountains in west-central Colombia
- Altitude: 5,400-6,900 feet
- Varieties: Colombia,Typica,Caturra
- Preparation: Fully-washed, dried on open elevated patios (elba), with some machine-drying.
About the people who grow it
The Organic Colombia Tolima AGPROCEM coffee is sourced from family owned farms organized around the “Asociacion de Agricultores y Productores de Café Especial de Montalvo” (AGPROCEM). AGPROCEM is a producer association with 35 members who live in Montalvo which is located within the municipality of Planadas in the department of Tolima, Colombia. Tolima is known for offering quality coffees from small farmers in micro-lots via cooperatives. AGPROCEM was founded in 2013 by Edinson Vaquiro and Israel Montes who are coffee producers from Tolima. The association’s goal is to assist its members to improve quality while obtaining better prices for their specialty coffee.