6 120 $6.00 - $120.00
Organic, cooperative-grown, Sierra Nevada Mts.
About the coffee
- Cupping notes: Full-bodied, complex, and creamy with a notes of brown sugar, milk chocolate, and orange
- Cultivation: Grown in volcanic soils, in the mountains of Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta
- Altitude: 3,000 to 4,000 feet
- Varietals: Caturra, Colombia, Typica
- Preparation: Fully Washed, patio and solar dried machine
About the people who grow it
Sol Naciente was created in 2008 with the goal of uniting competing producers from the mountainous region of Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta. These producers come from two townships: Siberia and San Pedro which are located in the municipality of Ciénaga. The region has been subject to extreme conflict from leftist and right wing groups during decades of political instability and drug-based violence, given the isolation of the terrain. The majority of these producers are recognized victims of armed conflict and are in a program for land restitution. Despite these threats and challenges, they have regained their land, and decided to put it to good use and produce high-quality organic coffee.